This content is archived from old gaming web-sites. It remains here for posterity and is no longer updated.
Transparent Multiplayer Logos
There are a couple of FAQ's around about this, but due to the never-ending development of software and
stuff they aren't entirely accurate.
I use Adobe Photoshop 8/CS for creating my logo, so this is what I will describe to you. I am not a
graphical designer by any stretch of the imagination, and this is a long-winded way of getting it to
work. The point is though, it does.
- 64 x 64 pixels
- RGB Colour
- Single layer with transaparencies
- Make sure the image goes to the above specs.
- Save the image as a Targa (.tga)
- Reopen the Targa image
- Switch to your 'Channels' pallete
- Hi-light the areas you want to be transparent
- Switch to the 'Alpha' channel
- Paint bucket/colour in the selected area in black
(you should get a red transarent effect over the selected area if all channels are visable)
- Save the changes
- Download TexView (BIS' texture convertor)
- Load Targa file into TexView then save the file as a .paa file, e.g. logo.paa
- Upload the file with your squad.xml