AliGrant.com
 
Valid XHTML 1.0!

Valid CSS!

Powered by PHP

Get FireFox

1&1 Internet


Archived News

More Visual Studio crashingThursday 28th September 2006
Well, it's another day, and Visual Studio is still crashing when I attempt to Attach to Process.

I have fixed it this time by changing it from automatically detecting what code type to attach to. I now have it set to just attach to Managed (i.e. .NET code) code. As this is all I'm interested in.

The process I'm trying to attach to is BizTalk Server 2006, which has types T-SQL, x86 and Managed.


Visual Studio 2005 crashing while debuggingTuesday 26th September 2006
I have a problem recently that has caused me great annoyance. I'm currently developing BizTalk 2006 solutions in Visual Studio 2005. When I want to test some custom code, I use the "Attach to Process" option in the Debug menu, and have the IDE debug the managed code.

This is great, as I can see what is going through a real system and see what variables get populated etc.

Alas, it all went wrong the other day, and when I selected the BizTalk process to attach to, and clicked Attach, Visual Studio crashed. Not very handy.

It coughed up two errors in the event log, Visual Studio:
"Faulting application devenv.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333e699, faulting module vdt80p.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333eba8, debug? 0, fault address 0x00059db8"

And, .NET Runtime: ".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A2B45A2) (0)"

Both of which aren't much use. I had a search around Usenet and on the Web, but not much fruit. I tried repairing VS and .NET, but no joy.

I have just tried clearing out some temporary directories, which appears to have done the trick. I cleared out:
%SYSTEMROOT%Temp
%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsMicrosoftWebsiteCache
%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsMicrosoftVisualStudio8.0ProjectAssemblies

And another directory which was named with the name of my company. This contained a load of directories with the name of my projects. I guess that the company name came from the project properties.

Anyway, this and a reboot seemed to have solved the problem, whether it is coincidence or not, I don't know.


Previous Next